Check out these awesome newspaper nails. Newspaper nails are a finger nail designs where the nails have words on them from a newspaper. They are usually the same color and style of a typical newspaper. Check out the images and how to video below. They are a little complicated to do, so if you want to do these for yourself, make sure you check out the video at the end on how to do them. They are definitely worth trying out though, because they are so unique and everybody loves them.
Here is what the typical newspaper nail design looks like. They are usually a grey base coat, newspaper print, and then a top clear coat. They are awesome because it looks like your nails are a newspaper! You can also use basically any part of a newspaper. So if you want small letters or big letters, just find a section of the paper you want and use just that section.
Here is another really great example of newspaper nails. In this one it looks like the base coat was more of a really light green color, which is neat. You can get a little creative hear, but using vibrant colors as the base coat doesn’t really make much sense because then it won’t really look like a newspaper. But this light green color still looks great.
Here is a video tutorial on how to do newspaper nails. Check out the video or read through the steps below.
- Start with a base coat, then a coat of light grey.
- To transfer the newspaper print you need some rubbing alcohol. Pour some rubbing alcohol into a small container and then dip your nail into it for a few seconds.
- Press a newspaper page onto your nail firmly for about 15 seconds.
- Peel off the newspaper and the words from the ink should stick to your finger nail.
- Apply a clear top coat. This is probably the most important step because the newspaper print will rub off extremely easily without it. The clear top coat will prevent the lettering from being washed away or being rubbed off.
These are one of my all time favorite nail designs. They have a really unique look and they always get me tons of compliments. Plus they are really easy and quick to do. It just takes a minute with each finger nail and then I’m done.
Another great idea is to try this out with the comics section of the newspaper. This would add more color and plus you could get comic book characters on your nails. I’m not sure how well these would stick though since it is much more ink. The detail might not be all that great either, but it is worth trying out if you think it is a cool idea.
Thanks for checking out these newspaper nails on Nail-Design.us! If you decide to try these out for yourself, please let us know how it goes. Also feel free to send us pictures of your nails or post pictures of them online, we would love to see them! You can send us a comment below or send us an email on the contact page. Thanks again for reading and good luck with your newspaper nail designs!